A Land Remembered Shows Coming in November 2017

The A Land Remembered Multimedia Show is going to be in Florida this month! If you haven’t been to one of my shows, now is your chance. Audiences all over Florida have raved about my show about my father, Patrick D. Smith, and his beloved books, like A Land Remembered. I call the show Patrick Smith’s Florida IS A Land Remembered. It isn’t a stuffy “lecture” or a “talk.” I call it visual storytelling and it’s a fun, fast-paced and entertaining “show!”

Interested in Florida history? Check out these other books.

While A Land Remembered is a key theme of my show, in order to understand what led him to write this book l also talk about the other books that were important steps in his writing career. In my opinion, every one of them is a gem and this is the best possible way to meet the author and understand his work more deeply as I take the stage with this multimedia show about him and the extraordinary experiences that enabled him to write such unforgettable stories about the “river rats” of Mississippi (The River is Home), the Seminoles of South Florida (Forever Island and Allapattah), the plight of migrant workers (Angel City) and ultimately, the pioneers so accurately portrayed in A Land Remembered.

I love taking this show on the road and I hope to meet you along the way in November 2017. Below the schedule of where the A Land Remembered tour will be. Be sure to click on the link for to get times, ticketing information, addresses and other details about a specific show. These are the public shows. There are several school presentations too.

RICK’S UPCOMING PUBLIC APPEARANCES IN NOVEMBER 2017

11/1/17  7:00 pm  LaBelle High School, LaBelle
 11/2/17  6:00 pm  Osceola Middle School Gym, Okeechobee
 11/3/17  5:30 pm  Children’s Museum of the Treasure Coast, Jensen Beach [FEE]
 11/6/17  11:00 am  Bradford County Public Library, Starke
 11/7/17  6:00 pm  Cocoa Beach Library, Cocoa Beach
 11/11/17  TBD  Frank Thomas Folk & Music Festival at Dade Battlefield, Bushnell [FEE]
 11/15/17  TBD  Keys History and Discovery CenterIslamorada [FEE]
 11/16/17  6:00 pm  Tropic CinemaKey West [FEE]
 11/17/17  5:30 pm  Venue To Be Determined, Everglades City
 11/18/17  10:00 am-2 pm  Art in the Glades at MacLeod Park **, Everglades City
 11/21/17  1:30 pm  Rookery Bay Preserve, Naples [FEE $15 – includes lunch]

** There won’t be a show but I will be there signing and selling books

Rick

About Rick

Rick’s 30 year career in media and video production began with an interest in photography he developed during his youth while living in Florida. He was the director of a media production department at California Polytechnic State University for over 20 years and has worked as director of photography for several film and broadcast television projects, including stop motion animation.

Although he still works in media production, Rick has found a new career as a performer/public speaker due to the success of a multimedia show he developed around his father’s life and his popular novels. He calls this show, “Patrick Smith’s Florida Is A Land Remembered.”

No Comments